A Memorial Day Message...

by Sam
(Sumner, Washington)

Sam writes:

It may be a little late for a Memorial Day message . . .

. . . but the Leadership class at Sumner High School in Sumner, WA, wants you to know that your efforts are not being forgotten.

We appreciate everything you and your families sacrifice for us. The toll that these efforts must take are tremendous, and are not being overlooked.

Thank you so much for everything, and hang in there! Thanks to you, we can sleep soundly at night, knowing are country is safe - something many take for granted.

Thank you!

Sam, it's never too late to express gratitude to our troops and their families. They deserve thanks every day for their gift of freedom to the rest of us!

Traditionally, less than 1 percent of the American population serves in the armed forces. We personally appreciate the fact that Sumner High School is helping to teach a new generation of "the other 99%" to count its blessings and be grateful for our military members and their families, for the sacrifices they make for the greater good.

They are (to quote one of Senator John McCain's favorite phrases) serving a cause greater than self.

Thank you for expressing your gratitude.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Holiday Messages for the Troops.

If you didn't find what you're looking for, use the search bar below to search the site:

Connect With Us

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to our e-mail updates Subscribe to our RSS feed

As Seen In

Newest Articles